Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It Came From YouTube, Part 2

Aloha everybody!

In this feature article's second installment, I will show you more of my favorite clips from YouTube...

If I were to list my ten favorite comedians, Rowan Atkinson (probably known to most of you as Mr. Bean) would be on it. This clip from his live comedy special explains why...

WARNING! This clip contains mature language. Viewer discretion is advised!



Above all other sports, I enjoy American-style football the most. So, when I first saw this NFL-produced commercial for their new fantasy football programs, I empathized greatly with the intrepid few who spend long nights reading pages of fact sheets and field statistics to come up with the perfect lineup of players.



If I were to name my favorite viral video clips, this piece would definitely make it into my top 5. I find this clip funny not because he gets hurt, but because he has the audacity to confidently grunt/smirk at the camera before he performs the stunt.



If you've listened to enough episodes of this podcast, then you will certainly know that one of my favorite TV series is The West Wing.

This clip is from the second season episode "Noel," where White House Chief of Staff Leo McGarry (played superbly by the-late John Spencer) has an exchange with his Deputy Chief of Staff Joshua Lyman (played by Bradley Whitford), who has just found out that he suffers from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder stemming from a shooting incident. Leo, who is also a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, knows what Josh has been through and tells him a short parable about friendship and loyalty.



I have discovered after many hours of self-observation that I am drawn to pieces of entertainment that either do something in unexpected ways or showcase some form of wit (highbrow preferred) So, when I found that someone had posted this now-classic Monty Python sketch, it's no surprise that it made it onto my favorites list almost instantly.



See you in Cyberspace,

-Totoro
Creator, Executive Producer

No comments: