I know it's been a while, but I would like to give everybody an update regarding our Artist Alley Contest!
But first, a little historical information...
During this year's Kawaii-Kon, Mr. A (our Lead Contributor, now Senior Producer) came up with the idea of sponsoring a small art contest amongst the many talented denizens of Artist Alley. After some discussion, we were able to flesh out the idea further to include the following:
1. The design should be centered around a particular theme (in this case, Mr. A decided that all designs should feature the character Mega Man (aka Rockman.)
2. The design should be in ink/pencil (aka line art), but the artist would have complete freedom in composing the image.
3. The design had to be submitted BEFORE the convention's Closing Ceremonies. However, this rule was later amended to stipulate that entries could be submitted by mail after the kon had ended (postage costs would be re-reimbursed, if requested.)
After a bit of trial & error, I finally managed to scan ALL the submitted designs into JPEG format, and I now present them for your enjoyment.
The artist of the winning design will receive:
- A Data disc (DVD) containing EVERY Otaku 5-0 episode we have recorded thus far;
- The opportunity to design the official T-shirt of the Otaku 5-0 podcast!
Without further adieu... Here are the entries for this contest.
Entry #1 - Submitted by Christopher (Lunacy Studios)
Entry #2 - Submitted by Jason Moses Wong
Entry #3 - Submitted by Dallas Nagata (Studio Myo)
Entry #4 - Submitted by Jason Moses Wong
Entry #5 - Submitted by Brady Evans
We are also going to allow you (our audience) to voice your opinion by voting for the winning design in the poll located in the right-hand side of our website.
I would like to thank all of the artists who participated in this contest, and I look forward to working with the eventual winner on the design for our podcast T-shirt.
-Totoro (Executive Producer)