Saturday, December 4, 2010

It Came From YouTube, Part Five

Aloha everybody!

First off, I would like to announce the results of our poll regarding Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, Part I. In a convincing victory, "Thumbs Up" ended up with the lion's share of 7 votes out of 10 overall, with 2 votes for "Thumbs Down" and a single vote for "Thumbs Sideways". Thank you very much to all those who voted, and please continue to vote in all future polls on our site!

But first, a few announcements. Even though we at The Otaku 5-0 Show are officially on our winter hiatus, that doesn't mean that we're not keeping informed about the latest entertainment news. For those who follow our Facebook page, we continue to post applicable tidbits for specific entertainment-related items that we have taken an interest in.

I am also pleased to announce that we have recently recorded an audio commentary for, "The Last Airbender" featuring myself, Jupiter, Mr. A, Maka & Jam. In an effort to stagger our post-season content, the commentary will be uploaded in the next few weeks.

But until then, let me take this opportunity to present the actually fulfill the title line of this article by presenting the latest installment of, "It Came From YouTube!"

. . . .

As you are well aware, thanks to the efforts of my colleagues Mr. A & Jam, I have recently become a fan of the seminal British TV Series, "Doctor Who." One day, while surfing YouTube, I came across this fan-made music video featuring events from the most recent series. I now submit it to you for your enjoyment.



Earlier this year, Mr. A ended up house-sitting for Jupiter while she and her family were on a trip to the Mainland. Inevitably, the rest of the Otaku 5-0 staff ended up staying in the house for varying periods of time. During that period, not only did we end up recording a lot of "Unplugged" episodes, but we also got a chance to hang out as friends. During one such gathering, we ended up in collective stitches after watching this video. Therefore, I submit this for your enjoyment.



Now, everybody has a very specific sense of humor. Different things are funny to different people, so you might not find this next video funny. You may not believe me, but what I am about to say is completely honest. After viewing this for the first time, I was laughing at my computer for a solid minute. Enjoy!



Our final video for this installment features the talents of musician/comedian Stephen Lynch, who performs a song that pretty much encompasses my life from the age of 14. Hmm... Should I be amused or worried?



. . . .

And that concludes the latest installment of, "It Came From YouTube". Feel free to send in YOUR favorite videos from cyberspace, and I'll post a follow-up article with your submissions!

See You In Cyberspace,
~Totoro (Executive Producer, The Otaku 5-0 Show)

No comments: